What to do if there is an issue with your device
Before returning a device there are some things you can try first.
1. Ensure your device and all apps are updated
Go to Settings - General - Software update and check if an update is available, if so please run this update. Please also make sure that all apps have been updated to the latest versions.
2. Force restart
(Especially useful if your device has frozen or is stuck)
Force restart an iPhone with Face ID, iPhones 8 and SE 2020
To force restart iPhone SE 2020, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, or iPhone 13, do the following:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button,
- Press and quickly release the volume down button,
- Press and hold the side button.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
Force restart iPhone 7
- Press and hold both the volume down button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
- When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
3. Factory restore your device
Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device]
Then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID password
Then confirm that you want to erase your device.
Wait for your device to erase
Depending on your device, it can take a few minutes to completely erase your data.
If you can't erase your device
- If you don't remember your passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled, learn what to do.
- If you forget your Screen Time passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the Screen Time passcode. Restoring your device using a backup won't remove the Screen Time passcode.
If the above does not resolve the issue, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist!