How to prepare your device for sale before sending it to GetTech
1. Ensure the device is network unlocked
If the device is still locked to your network upon receipt, we will be unable to go ahead with your sale.
3. Remove iCloud or Google/Samsung account
If the personal accounts are not removed from the device, we will be unable to process your sale until this is completed.
If you're using iOS 10.3 or later:
Tap Settings > [your name].
Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier:
Tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out.
Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password.
Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.
Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store.
- Ensure the device is turned off
- Sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device,
- Select the device,
- Click Erase.
- Click Remove from Account.
Remove a Google or other account from your phone
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Passwords & accounts. If you don't see "Accounts," tap Users & accounts.
- Under "Accounts for," tap the account you want to remove Remove account.
- To confirm, tap Remove account OK.
- If this is the only Google Account on the phone, you'll need to enter your phone's pattern, PIN, or password for security.
Remove a Samsung account
- From Settings, swipe to and tap Accounts and backup.
- Tap Manage accounts, and then select your Samsung account.
- Tap Remove account, and then tap Remove account on the popup.
- Tap Sign out. Enter your Samsung account password, and then tap OK.
4. Erase the device, remove any passcodes/passwords
- Go to Settings and tap General > Transfer or Reset [device] > Erase All Content and Settings.
- If you turned on Find My [device], you might need to enter your Apple ID and password.
- If your device uses eSIM, choose the option to erase your device and the eSIM profile when asked.
- If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it. Then tap Erase [device].
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.